5 Reasons to Love the 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250
The newly refreshed CLA 250 puts you in the driver’s seat of something extraordinary. The 2018 CLA 250’s coupe-like styling meshes well with a traditional sedan’s four-door appearance, making this Mercedes-Benz a seductive luxury car priced for the everyday driver. Here are the top five reasons why this Mercedes-Benz will draw gawks from even the most cynical onlooker.
- An Exhilarating Yet Efficient Drive
Inside the new Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 (and its 250 4MATIC® sibling) is an efficient 2.0L turbo-four that butters bread with its 208-horsepower churner. Torque maxes out at 258 lb-ft, allowing the CLA to hit 60 mph in under 7 seconds. It’s paired with the exquisite seven-speed dual-clutch automatic—one of the best transmissions Mercedes-Benz has to offer. 17-inch wheels and all-season tires match with adaptive Predictive Brake Priming technology, ensuring complete control on those twisty turns and steep declines.
The 2018 CLA 250 is also incredibly efficient with an EPA rating of 24 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway, so your trip west on US-460 from Lynchburg to Bedford won’t force you to make fueling pit stops very often.
- Space is Your Friend
Although categorized as a coupe, the Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 is roomier than you’d expect. In the front, expect to find 37 inches of headroom with the optional panoramic moonroof, while legroom and shoulder room breaks 40 inches and 56 inches, respectively. That’s more than enough space to keep you comfortable, no matter the destination. Rear shoulder room is comparable at a smidge over 53 inches, and the standard 13.1-cubic-foot trunk (with hands-free access) is perfectly suited to be home to a golf bag or four.
- Luxe Mercedes-Benz Interior
Inside the new CLA 250 shows off the Mercedes-Benz claim to fame: a supremely luxurious cabin. Depending on options, you’ll have access to the following pieces of tech, sporty materials, and high-end features:
- Burl Walnut wood trim
- Panorama roof
- Aluminum pedals
- 8-inch touchscreen
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with built-in controls
- 14-way power front seats with memory settings
- Supple MB-Tex upholstery
- Dual-zone automatic climate controls
- Heated front seats
- Auto-dimming side mirrors
- Built-in garage door opener
- USB port
- Bluetooth® with voice control
- In-dash SD card reader
- COMAND® navigation
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Amazing Array of Packages & Accessories
While the CLA 250’s standard setup is a great start, it’s the optional packages that make this one of the finest entry-level Mercedes-Benz.
- Thembrace® Connect Package includes a plethora of fan-favorite features, including remote start, Send2Benz™ app, Curfew Monitor with Speed Alert,mbrace® in-vehicle infotainment, Valet Protect, and a built-in vehicle locator system.
- An Interior Package is most often the bare minimum add-on that our Lynchburg Mercedes-Benz dealership It adds leather upholstery, MB-Tex dash and door trim, and multicolor cabin lighting.
- Smartphone Integration Packages include Android Auto and Apple CarPlay access.
- Premium Packages offer Blind Spot Assist, KEYLESS GO®, heated seats, and a 6-month trial to SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
Several other packages andmbrace® add-ons transform the 2018 CLA 250 into a mobile force to be reckoned with. One of our Lynchburg dealer’s favorites? Thembrace® Secure service, which provides you with peace of mind in the form of automatic collision notifications, SOS call capabilities, Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance, Crisis Assist, Safe Ride, and much more.
In addition to the refinement built into the cabin, you can add genuine Mercedes-Benz accessories to enhance your ride inside and out. Such accessories include a roof-mounted bike rack, Velour floor mats, ski rack inserts, trunk cargo area tray, 18-inch 5-spoke wheels, and durable roof boxes. Just ask our Mercedes-Benz dealership near Bedford to order and install these Mercedes-Benz accessories for you.
- Superior Safety
Not only is the 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 the epitome of world-class sophistication, but it’s also the standard in safety.
- ATTENTION ASSIST® – Alerts you with both visual and audible warnings when drowsiness is detected.
- Active Brake Assist – When a collision is imminent, this Mercedes-Benz safety system not only assists you in braking but can even brake automatically at speeds up to 65 mph.
- Rearview Camera – This standard feature offers a 180-degree view behind the car, as well as on-screen guidelines that project the path of reversal, making parallel parking simpler.
- Emergency Tensioning Seat Belts – If deemed necessary, these seat belts will remove slack during collisions to reduce the risk of driver and passenger injuries.
- Rain-sensing Wipers – When driving through the odd storms Campbell County is notorious for having, you won’t have to keep your hand on the wiper lever.
- Blind Spot Assist – Illuminated red icons will shine on the side-view mirrors when a vehicle or object is in your blind spot.
- Lane Keeping Assist – Drifting in and out of the lane is never an option with this driver-assist technology.
- Parking Pilot – Avoid those awkward moments of miscalculating your parking angle. This CLA 250 feature can expertly steer you into a parking space.
- Distance Pilot DISTRONIC® – As mentioned before, this adaptive cruise control feature allows you to set speed and following distance, and will automatically brake or slow down when needed.
You might also like: Winter Driving Tips & Roadside Emergency Kit Checklist
Test a New CLA 250 at Our Lynchburg Mercedes-Benz Dealer
Now available for sale and lease at Mercedes-Benz of Lynchburg, the 2018 CLA 250 is about as good as it gets. With top-tier safety features, loads of innovative technology, and the style to impress, it’s arguably one of the finest luxury cars on the market. We invite you to come take it for a spin around the familiar Bedford, Madison Heights, and Appomattox streets you call home.
Contact us at 434-385-6226 to schedule a test drive or visit our Lynchburg luxury car dealership at 2643 Lakeside Drive to speak with our sales team. In addition to the newest 2018 CLA 250, we also offer new car specials on a wide variety of new Mercedes-Benz models in stock, so be sure to view our showroom!